Beat your Cellulite Naturally!
Ugh, Cellulite... a women's least favourite possession. For those of you who don't know, cellulite has the appearance of cottage cheese on our skin predominately found on the legs, stomach, back of arms and butt. This cottage cheesy looking stuff shows up on our skin and makes us SUPER self conscious to wear a bikini and shorts, but you know what its something that 85-95% of all women have! There are a lot of misconceptions about cellulite and the factors causing it. Woman assume that they must not be doing the right exercises because their cellulite just can't seem to budge. But it turns out there are tons of causes of cellulite and cellulite is a natural structure of our skin cells its just when these cells become inflamed and greatly enlarged that we get that lovely cottage cheesy look (aka cute dimples ;) )
Causes of cellulite:
1. Lack of circulation; stagnation occurring within your cells mainly from DEHYDRATION
2. Fluid retention; poor lymphatic drainage
3. Weak collagen structure
4. Poorly metabolized fats
5. Increased body fat
6. Hormonal imbalances
7. Poor diet and nutrition
11. Toxic overload
Foods that cause cellulite & should be avoided:
- Sugar- leads to fluid retention, inflammation, storage of body fat all over the body which increase fat cells and worsens the appearance of cellulite.
- Sodium - leads to excess fluid retention if consumed in excessive amounts!
- Food Allergens such as, gluten, wheat, dairy, peanuts, shellfish, citrus = inflammation
- Trans and hydrogenated fats!
Foods that DECREASE the appearance of cellulite
"You are what you eat" Everything that you put into your body affects how it looks and how you feel both physically and mentally so make sure you are nourishing yourself with the best options available! The following specific foods have been show to decrease cellulite!
- High fiber foods like fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds – all very important for cleaning our colon and digestive tracks, speed up metabolism and have essential vitamins and minerals for balancing out out hormones.
- Top Quality protein sources – High quality, organic protein, free range poultry, pastured eggs, wild caught fish, and organic protein powders can aid in cellulite reduction by increasing the metabolism, building up collagen and adding satiety.
- Potassium rich foods – Potassium helps to flush excess fluids and waste out of cells, Green leafy vegetables, avocados, bananas, coconut water are high in potassium.
- Bone Broth – Contains the amino acids proline and glycine that make up collagen. The collagen in bone broth can strengthen your tissues and heal the cause of cellulite. It also heals your gut lining and reduces intestinal inflammation which can help with stomach and love-handle cellulite.
- EFA’s and MCFA’s – Coconut and wild caught fish contain fatty acids that promote
- healthy tissue.
3 MAIN TIPS FOR REDUCING CELLULITE:
1. HYDRATION HYDRATION HYDRATION: one of the best remedies for healthy looking skin, aim to consume a minimum of 1-2 litres a day and even more if you are active or sweat easily! Staying hydrated also helps keep things moving and flushes out toxins.
2. OPTIUMUM NUTRITION: aim for as natural as possible, stick with whole foods and limit packaged and processed foods
3. EXERCISE: being regularly active and doing activities you enjoy are not only important for your physical health but also your mental. Regular movement strengthens connective fibres in your legs and stomach which can reduce the appearance of cellulite. The best workouts would be a combination of cardio such as HIIT (high intensity interval training) and strength training.
Please do not buy into those ads for commercial products that you topically apply to your skin to make your cute cellulite dimples go away it is ALL A SCAM! Our cellulite didn't get there in the first place by something being placed on our skin... sadly this ain't no rash with a 24 hour expiry date! It all comes down to feeding our bodies from the inside out and our bodies will take care of the rest! But the take home message is even if you do all of the right things to care for your cellulite and its still there, EMBACE IT! You are beautiful from the inside out! All that matters is that you are healthy, happy and thriving!
Best wishes of health & happiness.
-Jade Boychuk. Xo